Associate, Human Resources
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Vision, Defined Benefit Plan, 403(b) Thrift Plan, Generous Vacation, Holidays, Short-Term Disability, Company Paid Life Insurance and more.|
Perform Human Resources related duties at the professional level and carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following areas: policies, programs, compliance, safety, employment, talent management and recruiting, employee relations, compensation, payroll, benefits, security, information technology, etc. as well as day-to-day operations and event planning.
- Administer and manage various employee benefit programs, such as group medical, dental, life, disability, supplemental and pension insurances, COBRA, FMLA, unemployment, etc. for United Way of Central Indiana (UWCI) and select member agencies. This also includes preparation, administration and follow-up of the annual open enrollment process.
- Maintain and manage HRIS, Time and Attendance, Payroll, Applicant Tracking and Security systems and associated documentation. Prpare job descriptions and advertisements.
- Payroll preparation and processing. Reconciliation of budget payments and invoices.
Ensure office records and documentation are in accordance with federal, state and local law compliance, payroll, HRIS, time and attendance, regulatory concerns and reporting.
- Assist with overall talent management; including development and maintenance of new hire orientation programs, background checks and assessment testing, as well as assist with recruiting, hiring, training and performance planning. Also, maintain relationships with various recruiting sources and participate in select events.
- Administrative professional support to Dir, HR and VP, Talent Management and Diversity. Backup to Executive Administrator and Executive Assistant for the President & CEO as necessary.
- Prepare materials/set-up for off-site events. Represent organization at a wide-variety of events including personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree required, with an emphasis in Human Resources and at least three years of progressive experience working in a Human Resources environment. PHR certification preferred.
Excellent public relations and customer service skills required
- Proficient with and able to troubleshoot various electronic equipment, computer hardware and software programs including applications such as the Internet, Microsoft 2007 Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and various benefits administration websites and human resource information systems
Possess effective oral, written, listening and presentation skills
- Time management, prioritization and other organizational skills
- The ability to maintain perspective and achieve objectives under pressure
- Function both independently and cooperatively as a team member
- Interface effectively with all constituents (employees, visitors, vendors, etc.) and the general public by telephone, written communications including email or in person is required
- Must be able to properly handle confidential information
- Must be analytical and pay attention to detail
- Able and willing to learn new skills
- Ability to travel, work long hours and work well with others
The following core competencies are required for all positions: Interpersonal Communications, Integrity/Accountability, Customer Service, Strategic Thinking, Diversity/Inclusion and Relationship Building. Additional performance competencies specific to this position are: Volunteer Relations and Management, Project and Workload Management and Job Knowledge.
United Way of Central Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.
Get Notified of New Jobs at United Way of Central Indiana