Specifically perform main duties and responsibilities associated with this position such as:
· Oversee the work and performance of regular, temporary and volunteer staff in the areas of invoicing, receivables, vendor payables, cash receipts, payroll, agency allocations and fixed assets.
· Hire, train, supervise, develop and evaluate assigned accounting staff.
· Development of the annual internal operating budget.
· Coordinate budget data entry into the Financial Reporting System.
· Prepare monthly financial statements including an analysis of budget variances and prior year comparisons.
· Reconcile key accounts monthly.
· Prepare and review other reports as needed/required. This includes quarterly philanthropic reports, special account analysis (collections and donor designations), annuity analysis, etc.
· Provide fiscal agent services according to pertinent agreements.
· Assume responsibility for pension plan (PBGC), property tax, and other entity reporting requirements (census information, annual not for profit, gaming reports).
· Provide lead staff support to the Finance Committee.
· Assist and /or provide back-up support to the Director of Audit Services; campaign recording/ auditing, independent audits, etc.
· Assist and/or provide back-up support to the Senior Vice President of Operations; investment management facilities, multiyear funding plans, technology administration, policy compliance.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
· Help promote a cooperative spirit within the organization and among internal and external customers.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervises staff responsible for Accounts Payable, Payroll, Cash Receipts, and Pledge Collections Receivables.