Manager, Digital Marketing
|Department:||Operations -- Marketing|
|Description:||United Way of Central Indiana |
Manager, Digital Marketing
Director, Strategic Marketing and Communications
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are
not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Summary & Scope:
Manage United Way of Central Indiana's digital marketing programs, including, but not limited to: websites, online marketing, email marketing and new media, while ensuring brand consistency and compliance with industry standards.
Include the following:
Specifically identify main duties and responsibilities associated with this position such as:
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the content and functionality of the organization's website, uwci.org.
- Plan and execute the organization's digital marketing programs, integrating the organization's website(s), email marketing and presence on new media. Work in consultation with appropriate staff, and in conjunction with the organization's marketing and communications objectives.
- Manage and provide guidance to staff on best practices for email marketing. Maintain various constituent opt-in e-mail lists, and reconcile recipient information with constituent database.
- Serve as a knowledgeable resource and liaison between Marketing and other parts of the organization, providing expertise as related to email, web and new media projects.
- Work with HR and senior staff to develop and maintain organizational guidelines for web and new media use. Train staff as needed.
- Ensure that web, email and new media efforts are consistent with key messages and complementary to the organization's print materials, and public and media relations tactics.
- Write and/or edit text for email, web and new media.
- Serve as subject matter expert for digital marketing activities. Provide outcomes and metrics for web and new media efforts. Keep abreast of industry trends and opportunities.
- Serve on organization's internal technology team. Stay abreast of relevant technology vendors and products; help analyze and recommend effective solutions to the organization's needs.
- Maintain relationships with and oversee work done by vendors.
- Ensure that all projects are reviewed, proofed, tested and delivered in a scheduled and timely manner, with administrative support. Ensure all projects stay on budget.
- Promote a cooperative spirit within the organization and among internal and external United Way constituents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Not Applicable. Position may supervise a seasonal intern at times.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, communications or a related field with at least five years of relevant experience required. . Knowledge of social media tools and best practices is required. Experience using email marketing software, such as ExactTarget or Constant Contact, is required. Experience in writing and editing content for email and web is required. Experience using a web content management system is required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, financial reports, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to respond to inquires or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from top management, clients, customers, and the general public.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Effective multi-tasking, organizational, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills are critical. Must be a self-starter, able to organize/manage many projects in a fast-paced environment and with minimal supervision. Should have a passion for technology and the desire to use it to further United Way of Central Indiana's mission, especially by connecting with new audiences. Knowledge and proficiency with relational databases, such as those used to track constituents' contact information, history and preferences, is a plus. Ability to travel, work long hours and work well with others. Knowledge of HTML is a plus.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.