Associate, Donor Relations - Workplace Campaign
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Vision, Defined Benefit Plan, 403(b) Thrift Plan, Generous Vacation, Holidays, Short-Term Disability, Company Paid Life Insurance and more.|
|Department:||Resource Development - Campaign|
Summary & Scope:
Develop, retain and significantly grow the level of financial support and commitment to United Way of Central Indiana (UWCI). Maintain and continuously develop relationships with key constituents at various levels within assigned company and individual accounts. Identify viable opportunities for additional involvement with UWCI. Work closely with these constituents to plan, organize and implement campaign and other United Way activities to ensure a successful, stronger and sustained United Way commitment. Aggressively identify, recruit and develop new business prospects to ensure continued campaign growth.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be
assigned. [What is described here is representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.]
- Achieve established organization financial goals for assigned accounts, new donors and new business development.
- Achieve annual goals for number of donor or prospect calls and visits.
- Aggressively identify, recruit and develop prospects for new business development on a year-round basis. New business can include new workplace campaigns, new corporate gifts, new sponsorships, and new gifts in kind for UWCI.
- Manage and nurture assigned accounts to develop stronger United Way (UW) relationships, commitment and workplace campaign support. Maintain consistent account contact and creatively explore and introduce additional UW opportunities, as appropriate (i.e. volunteerism, sponsorships, etc.).
- Analyze campaign potential and results for assigned accounts in order to develop market segments that will determine each account's relationship and financial goals. Leverage segmentation data to provide strategic, targeted account management and excellent customer service. This may involve long-term strategic plans with aggressive goals
- Identify, cultivate and solicit individual donors and prospects at the leadership level. Assist in growing membership and financial support in UWCI's donor segment groups.
- Effectively convey UWCI's value proposition, mission and priorities effectively to the general public, businesses and community leaders.
- Manage, lead and motivate campaign cabinet volunteers.
- Assist with volunteer recruitment and training according to campaign timetables.
- Maintain current and accurate information in UWCI's database and CRM tools on all prospects and assigned accounts.
- Develop and execute an annual individual work plan with measurable goals that reflect division and UWCI objectives.
- Actively engage in business networking opportunities.
- Promote established organizational values among internal and external UW constituents Provide excellent customer service.
- Work directly with selected individuals participating in the Loaned Executive Program, as needed.
- Promote a cooperative spirit among coworkers and other partners. Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily and be physically present in the office. The requirements listed below are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in sales, marketing, business administration or fundraising.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Organizational and interpersonal skills are critical to this position. Effective time management is essential along with the ability to multi-task. A demonstrated keen sense of relationship building is needed. Must be computer proficient and be detail oriented. Experienced knowledge of the Central Indiana area with strong network of relationships is helpful. An understanding of and the need for commitment to community improvement is a must.