|Salary Range:||$10/ hour|
|Department:||Operations -- Marketing|
Marketing and Communications
Communications Manager, (Sept 3 - late November)
Non - Exempt
Full-time - $10.00/hour
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are
not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Summary & Scope:
The communications intern will work with the Marketing and Communications team to create clear, compelling content for United Way print and digital communications. Concentration will be in the areas of blog writing, script writing for video, website content and some print marketing collateral. This is an exciting position that will allow the qualified candidate to expand his/her knowledge of writing for the nonprofit sector and the dynamic field of marketing and communications.
- Develop engaging content for United Way communications that will increase brand awareness, share successful outcomes, and increase donor and volunteer involvement
- Write blogs and video scripts that generate online/web traffic for the organization
- Assist in the implementation of strategic marketing plan as it relates to communication objectives
- Collaborate with staff to create/update website copy
- Research and develop new ideas for content
- Conduct interviews and research and write United Way success stories/blogs
- Ensure communications maintain a consistent voice
- Support the communications manager and digital marketing manager
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
Undergraduate student studying communications, journalism, English, public relations or equivalent. Candidates will be enthusiastic with a strong work ethic and positive attitude. A good sense of humor is also appreciated.
Other Skills and Abilities
Excellent copywriting and proofreading skills, specifically in the areas of digital communications (website, blog, e-newsletter) and printed marketing materials (letters, brochures, signage)
- Excellent copywriting and proofreading skills, specifically in the areas of digital communications (website, blog, e-newsletter) and printed marketing materials (letters, brochures, signage)
Ability to be versatile in writing style: feature writing, technical writing, blogging, promotional copy, etc.
Excellent verbal and presentation skills
Quick learner who can multitask and complete projects under tight deadlines
Strong understanding of the current digital environment and the way people interact with it
Must be comfortable contacting/interviewing donors, community leaders, etc.
Outstanding attention to detail and project management skills
Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
Experience using keywords and search engine optimization (SEO) preferred
Experience working with a Content Management System (CMS) preferred
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.