Coordinator, Accounts Payable
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Vision, Defined Benefit Plan, 403(b) Thrift Plan, Generous Vacation, Holidays, Short-Term Disability, Company Paid Life Insurance and more.|
|Department:||Operations - Administrative Professionals|
Coordinator, Accounts Payable
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are
not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Summary & Scope:
To process and record affiliated agencies, employees and general operating vendors accounts payable and payments consistent with UWCI policies and procedures. Serve as a back-up to other accounting assistants and/or specific duties of such assistants.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following.
[What is described here is representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.]
- Control/monitor purchase order system. Work with other departments/staff in appropriate use of purchase orders. Enter purchase orders into the system for payments.
- Control and monitor use of special check requisitions. Enter special check requisition request into the system for payment.
- Enter all other payments into the system for payment, including formatting and download of large batch lists to UWCI agencies and other donor designations.
- Reconcile monthly corporate credit cards to supporting documentation and remit payment.
- Coordinate the obtaining of independent authorization of expenditures according to appropriate corporate policies. This would include the signing of checks and/or purchase orders by appropriate staff and/or volunteers
- Review all transactions for compliance with company budgets, expense reimbursement policies, and proper chart of accounts coding.
- Be prepared to answer general questions related to significant expenditures to such parties.
- Under the direction of supervisor, prepare other related reports.
- Prepare appropriate accruals on outstanding purchase orders.
- Audit employee expense reports. Reimburse employees appropriately.
- Prepare and issue appropriate year end IRS 1099 Forms.
- Add checks and electronic payments to bank website via excel or notepad files.
- Review invoicing to prepare blanket PO's annually if necessary.
- Maintain vendor files for fiscal year.
- Provide supporting documentation and explanations necessary for auditing purposes.
- Research data to provide accurate information for inquires to outstanding purchase orders or invoices.
- Review Donor choice payee reports (new portal) and respond to inquiries regarding payments received, pledged amount and fees.
- Assist agencies on how to log into portal to retrieve payee designation reports.
- Determine non-business use of telephone and other business charges and insure collection from users.
- Respond on an accurate, timely basis to internal and external inquiries for related areas.
- Help promote a cooperative spirit within the organization and among internal and external United Way participants.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be physically present in the office. The requirements listed below are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Associate degree in accounting and three years experience preferred. Accounting course study and/or related experience acceptable. Ability to work with accounting system software. Intermediate PC proficiency (Excel and Windows) required.
Ability to communicate effectively, written and verbal, is essential. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Organization skills and keen attention to detail a must. Ability to work independently. Interpersonal Communications, Integrity/Accountability, Customer Service, Strategic Thinking, Diversity/Inclusion (Staff/Volunteer), Relationship Building
Use of Technology, Project and Workload Manage, Job Knowledge, Teamwork/Cooperation, Attendance/Dependability
United Way of Central Indiana
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply at uwci.org
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.